Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions is a new addition to Volvo to assist in accelerating the development, commercialization, and sales of autonomous transport solutions. This team will enable the Volvo Group to meet a growing demands and to offer the best possible solutions to customers in such segments as mining, ports and transport between logistics centers, as a complement to today’s products and services. The aim of this new business unit is to ensure a leading position in this new and competitive transportation arena.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Lead QA Engineer you will lead other QA engineers in the validation and verification of Autonomous Driving software components. You will utilize your familiarity with the development of high-quality embedded software and QA automation to define and test products to be delivered.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining test plans for the products to be delivered
- Coordinating black and white-box testing and using of simulation facilities to validate autonomous driving software.
- Providing technical leadership for the QA team and mentoring for junior QA engineers
- Identifying, evaluating, and communicating software quality requirements and testing outcomes to peers and to upper management
- Adhering to software engineering best practices
- Contributing to a healthy company culture and team spirit
- Committing to the delivery of high-quality software products in a timely fashion
What We Are Looking For
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8-12+ years of experience in developing software automation and in testing software products
- Operating systems: Linux, Unix, and/or Real-Time Kernels
- Computer languages: Python, C, C++, and scripting
- Strong familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Clear ability to define of test plans
- Familiarity with Git or equivalent version control systems
- Experience with containers and Docker
- Good understanding of networking, connected vehicles, cloud, and distributed infrastructure
- Solid proven experience in testing software products
- Ability to anticipate potential risks and define effective mitigation plans
- Familiarity with autonomous driving software
- Simulation environments, including Software in the Loop and Hardware in the Loop
- Familiarity with ROS
- Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and willingness to learn new skills
- Being a strong team player
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions constitute a new business area as of January 1, 2020, entering new and exciting territories for Volvo Group. We accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. The combination of strong tech expertise and skilled customer solutions creates innovative transport offers never seen before. We are constantly pushing our own skills and ability to drive change in a traditional industry to meet a growing customer demand. We are now looking for innovative, committed individuals to join us in our endeavor to create customer solutions that enhance safety, flexibility and productivity.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie kennenlernen
Sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung eingereicht haben, erhalten Sie eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, Auch danach ist es immer noch möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.