Who are we?
We are Driver Security & Safety Sub-Stream within Driver Interaction Global technology stream.
We are a bunch of highly motivated and skilled engineers that love our work and use our creativity and tools to design, develop and maintain Driver Interactions Functions, ECU HWs Development & Integration.
- a range of World class products to work which are sold worldwide
- a wide range of EE platforms and End user functions to explore and work with.
- a great team of skilled engineers to work along.
- an open mind for new ideas and processes
- a culture that encourages both personal and professional growth
- The DriSS organization make technology impact for future generations! Do you want to join us in this journey? Together we will make Volvo Group the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world. The DriSS organization work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions and delivering end customer value for Driver Security, Safety and Visibility.
Your Important Mission
As the DriSS Strategy Lead, you will lead and develop strategic roadmaps and cutting-edge technology on Driver Security, Safety & Visibility of the future. In your important mission you will:
- be a member of the DriSS leadership team in which you will contribute to the overall Driver Security and Safety strategy.
- harmonize a technical roadmap with different stakeholders and other techno streams.
- Work in close collaboration and guidance with Driver Interaction Technology Strategy leader and align on technology evaluation to drive DI vision.
- harmonize a high level first estimate of effort needed for product modifications in the security and safety area.
- work in close collaboration with DriSS product manager, system architect and product owners
- act as a technical mentor for the sub- streams
- drive change through innovative technical solutions to enable an efficient product development and to support customers
To make this a success
We are looking for a forward thinking, passionate and inspirational leader who will engage the team and colleagues to accelerate the DriSS area. If you have a strong drive, like to develop, and be developed, this will be a job opportunity that fits you well. As a person we believe that you have a can-do attitude, act with a sense of urgency and have a result-oriented mindset, which will help you to take on challenging work assignments in a successful way. In addition, you are excellent in change management and have a solid track record of going from idea to implementation. You work in a structured and pragmatic way to solve problems, without getting stuck in details. Most of all you are a team player, and your strong leadership, collaboration, communication, and soft skills will be of great value for us.
- Experience – Education
- MSc. Or Engineering in Electronics or Computer Science or similar.
- Experience – Work
- 15+ years of experience in Automotive Embedded SW design & architecture.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and initiatives on various levels in an international environment
- Ability to orchestrate workshops and synthesize points of view from senior leaders or experts in real-time and drive a group towards conclusions
- Fully proficient in leading continuous improvements and change management related tools and techniques
- Creative problem solving; applying critical thinking and analytical skills to assess and frame vague or conceptual problems
- Excellent communication skills in English - both spoken and written, with strong presentation and business writing skills on executive level.
- Business Insight (ensure owners mentality): Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
- Collaborate: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others
- Self-Development: Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas
- Curiosity: tackle problems in a novel way
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Positive and confident personality without prestige