Do you enjoy solving complex problems within the realm of product definition and documentation? Does being a part of a skilled Engineering team on the forefront of product development excite you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is looking for a Product Structure Engineer
to join our team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our team, Product Structure & Checking, is a part of the Vehicle Engineering function for Volvo Group North America. Vehicle Engineering is a group of highly skilled and knowledgeable Engineers focused on delivering the highest quality products within the Conventional Range. We are accountable product owners who take full responsibility of the products we engineer, and we work together to support our regional value chain, as well as our global development centers, to deliver products on time with the right quality. What You Will be Doing
As a Product Structure Engineer, you will lead the documentation of technical solutions for the literally billions of options Volvo offers to it’s customers. You will work cross-functionally with many departments and sites to document engineering changes, which will be the core of your work!
Who You Are
- Ensuring Product Data Management (PDM) is used according to defined rules and support users from both global and legacy systems and processes
- Managing product structure with release approval, documentation sign-off, and expertise related to the article structure.
- Creating items to variant structure in the product data management system.
- Managing customer adaptations documentation.
- Providing support to local users about product data management tools and logic.
- Completing work related tasks to support product documentation activities in Volvo PDM system (KOLA), including review and approval of Design Change Notices (DCNs) and direct documentation activities in the PDM system where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in MS Office, advanced Excel skills are a plus
- PDM documentation experience preferred
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier