Prototype Material Controller
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Product Builds provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta, Volvo Bus and Governmental Sales with all prototype vehicle and component needed for tests. We are responsible to deliver all rigs, mock up, mules, prototypes to answer all Group Trucks Technology powertrain and vehicle projects. We also cooperate closely with manufacturing and purchasing to assemble prototypes in the Volvo Group plants. In Product Builds, we constantly improve our way of working through cooperation between our sites worldwide and work according to lean principles (Volvo Production System).
Our teams are skilled in product and product documentations, prototype purchasing and logistics. Our engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Hagerstown, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
Would you like to help Volvo Group achieve one of its most strategic objectives?
Would you like to manage all aspects of prototype quotation request related to a new development product?
Would you like to work in a small but challenging team to support engineering area, workshop and design studio on prototype needs despite final brand destination, Volvo or Mack?
If YES, this position is for you!
As Prototype Material Control you will be responsible to optimize lead-time and quality of each part deliveries against respective demands.
Support each prototype request on the logistic transport and follow prototype parts delivery for all prototypes. You will monitor Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for internal and external orders and report to the Product Build Site Manager.
- You will secure that prototype orders are fulfilled with respect to the confirmed delivery date by a proactive and aggressive delivery follow up. Use the system and extract weekly lists as main working tool for KPI delivery.
- You will follow up on issuing prototype orders and responses (accept/reject) from internal or external supplier. Secure those responses are updated in systems and confirmed.
- You will supervise that order information is transmitted within systems correctly in case of amendment Monitor delivery precision built and establish action plans with respective co-workers.
- You will register relevant order information in systems and use the GLORIA system as main working tool: The Material control module.
- You will break down Bill of Material and define where to request right part level to be able to place correct request internally
- You will manage request to procure parts using GLORIA
- You will place request for prototype part and sub-assembly components for GTO, GTT and after-market.
- You will work closely with appointed internal suppliers within his/her appointed area and monitor the deliveries.
- You will be responsible to Inform and discuss deviations in delivery dates within Product Build, internal requester, and / or engineer if needed
- Be prepared to work on all Test Objects handled by Product Builds according to plan new builds, rebuilds, any rigs and test, AE demands or all single orders handled by Product Builds report 100 % delivery time in accordance with agreed built plans
- You will monitor Mail-form requests received in Product Build functional mailbox and transfer to you from other material control.
- You will work in close collaboration with Delivery Controllers, and planning analyst to follow up availability of parts and solve together issues related to late deliveries.
- You will be the liaison contact for the warehouse team for all internal orders
- You will create Request Lists in GLORIA on all internal orders to give status on parts received and be able to have a weekly follow-up
- You will have an active participation to all weekly meeting at the warehouse and with MC team.
- You will work in accordance with the GTT Complete Vehicle Product Build process, the Volvo way and GTT values and behaviors.
- Structured and analytical
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Volvo Systems and Processes
- Project development
Hiring by end of year 2019
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in supply chain; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement activity or supply chain
- Global Development Process knowledge is a plus!
- Good communication
- Team spirit
- Open to change
- Structured and Analytical
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Learning on Fly
- Project development
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.