VIE - Associate Buyer H/F
Associate Commodity buyer – Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics
The VIE, International Voluntary Abroad, is a French international corporate placement program for young professionals between the age of 18 and 28 who are European Union citizens. For these reasons, we thank you in advance to mention these items on your resume. For more detailed information about the eligibility conditions to this program, we invite you to visit Business France website: www.civiweb.com.
Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Do the future transportation solutions excite you? Are you curious, passionate? If you thrive to belong to collaborative cross functional teams with individuals who are proud of our products and customer success: This is your opportunity!
Your new team in Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP):
Chassis & Vehicle dynamics team is a very multicultural & passionate team, with a positive mindset & high energy. We are proud to be a high performing team, built around diversity of personalities, and a common dedication, interest in new technologies, desire to support each other’s to grow & develop.
We are a team that strongly collaborates with our internal colleagues and external partners globally, every day. We like as well to celebrate our achievements and work in a convivial environment. Through our work, we contribute to The Volvo Group Mission, Vision, Aspirations and the continued success of our business.
Who are YOU?
You are curious and eager to develop. You are autonomous and self-driven. You can rely on your communication and networking skills. You have a positive outlook on things. It is a collaborative position with intellectual challenge. You have a service minded & cooperative approach. Your analytic mindset & your interest for business/finance & negotiation is paired with knowledge in manufacturing and Supply Chain. You have an interest for complex technologies and innovations in the transport industry.
Your main focus will be to:
- Be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on your respective segments. QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Support the segment strategy implementation and be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers.
- Support the team with analysis & cost savings investigations as well as their implementation.
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics, and financial flows to the suppliers.
- Work with supplier selection in alignment with the Segment Business Plan.
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality & Delivery team
- Be challenging, questioning, to make us/our partners rethink our ways of working.
- Be proactive & autonomous.
- Be accountable for your actions and deliveries. Infuse all that you do with the highest level of trust and integrity
SQ&D: Supplier Quality and Delivery
Volvo mission is to “drive prosperity through sustainable transport solutions”. On this specific mission you will have the opportunity to apply this in contributing to develop the aftermarket offer on Steering & wheel-end scopes. This will include sustainability challenges through Remanufacturing development for examples as well as being connected to the transformations of the automotive industry towards Automation ad E-mobility!
- Communication skills. Every day, you will be communicating every day with a wide range of stakeholders across a broad range of topics.
- Organization skills. We count on your ability to prioritize and optimize your activities, you will need to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines. flexibility and adaptability are the modus operandi
- Skilled working both independently and in groups.
- Analytic mindset. You can conduct complex analysis in autonomy.
- Masters or bachelor university degree in Business / technology (or equivalent). Purchasing or Engineering background is preferred.
- Experience in Automotive industry, Purchasing (and/or negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship) is preferred.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently, based on ongoing activities.
Curious, and have some questions? Reach out!
A chat over a coffee or a call is well worth to see how we can together contribute to our company’s success and help the world prosper.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.