Intern: Strategic Analysis Mack (Summer 2020)
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mack Trucks Strategy team seeking a student to work on variety of strategic and innovation areas to drive Mack’s long-term strategy. The focus areas for this internship will include, strategy development, data analytics, machine learning, data visualization, and strategic communication.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Mack Trucks (Business Development & Strategy) by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. These assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Mack Trucks.
- Work with strategy team to collect relevant market information from external and internal business intelligence sources to inform the Mack Trucks organization on emerging trends and opportunities.
- Works with Mack Strategy Team effort to synthesize the available data and drive decisions to maximize market share and profitability for Mack Trucks.
- Assist the strategy team with data modeling with commercial, financial, and industry data to drive strategic business decisions
- Assist in forecasting technological trends (electromobility, automation, vehicle connectivity, telematics) in the Class-8 to better understand potential risks and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with Manager of Strategic Planning and Facilitation to capture qualitative and quantitative information from stakeholders, ask the right questions and integrate available information into the decision making process.
- Participating in a wide variety of tasks from numerous stakeholders operating on critical deadlines.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business Administration/Analytics/Statistics/Data Science, Finance, Economics or similar at an accredited school. 2nd year MBA student preferred
• Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
• Summer interns are required work less than 40 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Expert level in Excel preferred. Experience using data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau),
- Ability to work in diverse teams and communicating with colleagues across the organization
- Must be passionate about strategy, data-driven decision making, customer-centric development
- Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with data analytics applications, knowledge of leading solutions in the data analytics domain and business intelligence
- Analytical skills in understanding the analytics business value of the different analytical levels (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) for different verticals and customers
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.