Director, Uptime and Adaptation
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts delivered to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and are committed to customer and Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Uptime, adaptation & synergies is a global organization within GTP supporting Service parts purchasing, Vehicle adaptation purchasing and aiming at building strong purchasing synergies amongst the various Purchasing organization of the Volvo group.
Uptime purchasing will focus on ensuring customer uptime by building relationship and engaging suppliers throughout the life cycle.
Adaptation Purchasing supports three different areas: Customer Adaptation (CA), Special Vehicles (SV), Trailers and Superstructures (TST).
Group synergy will host GTP South America and GTP India as Group Purchasing synergies pilot to capitalize on potential Synergy opportunities among all Purchasing entities within Volvo Group
North America Purchasing is an organization within GTP supporting VTNA and Mack brands on the purchasing related activities both on Automotive and indirect purchasing.
Reporting To: Senior Vice President Purchasing North America & Strategic line to Senior Vice Uptime & Adaptation Purchasing
- Purchasing Host for Uptime issues within NA Service Market region
- Be a member in North America Purchasing regional Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Drive department activities towards wanted position
- To manage the overall supplier relationship and consolidate the global segment strategies
- Manage purchasing QDCF- TSR deliverables
- Secure cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure needed communication with cross functional teams
- Secure supplier involvement in project activities
- Manage the development of staff
- Secure and Manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget & operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Sign off Purchasing Agreements in accordance with the authorization directives
- You will also manage cross functional interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, appoint supplier hosts within his/her area and be the ensure all the available data is ready to be presented in Sourcing Committee
- Business insights
- Strategic Mindset
- Build effective teams
- Drives Engagement
- Cultivates innovation
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Strong Business acumen Leadership skills
- Automotive or Automotive OEM background (5+ years)
- Proven experience into an international purchasing environment (7+ years)
- Strong Leadership skills with proven previous experience as a manager (5 + years)
- Very good understanding of the Volvo Group Business
- Strong prior experience in Purchasing
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Able to handle ambiguity’s and hold things together during tough times
- Take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Represent GTPNA in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validates sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.