Head - UD Analytics Center of Excellence
Head of UD Analytics Center of Excellence, role description
About the position:
- UD Trucks has since early 2018 an Analytics Center of Excellence (ACoE), managing all deliveries in BI/Analytics. The ACoE is also actively driving the adoption of BI/Analytics in UD Trucks. As a full value chain company, we have massive amounts of data, and are convinced of the value of the same. We are now looking for Head of ACoE in UD Trucks to support us in taking the next steps of a very exciting journey.
- Ensure that UD Trucks achieves business value from data with deliveries in BI/Analytics.
- Secure that business strategy and priority is properly reflected in delivery organization and in initiatives driven by the ACoE.
- Manage the total budget of BI/Analytics and ensure that entire structure is optimized, including planning for future needs.
- Act as ambassador for BI/Analytics within UD Trucks, and showcase UD Trucks in Volvo Group and external to Volvo Group.
- Drive collaboration with relevant stakeholders in Volvo Group, and externally, in order to maximize value from BI/Analytics for UD Trucks.
- Present to management and stakeholders periodically on the progress and path of ACoE.
- Manage and coordinate the entire ACoE delivery in collaboration with delivery manager in Group IT.
- Own the total roadmap for BI/Analytics for UD Trucks. Including short-term initiatives, medium term plan and strategic direction.
- Manage the organization structure, resources, competence and technology for maximized value, now and for the future.
- Manage and control the budget of the entire ACoE, including technology, and secure that investments are optimized.
- Actively manage advanced visualization and advanced analytics part of ACoE, including rapid prototyping.
- Drives BI/Analytics adoption in entire UD Trucks through examples and education of key stakeholders.
- Drives data visibility in the organization by collaborating on various data connection and data engineering projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in BI/Analytics, preferably with experience from roles such as Lead Data Scientist, manager Business intelligence, or equivalent.
- Knowledge, and experience, of BI/Analytics from minimum three business domains such as finance, marketing, sales, aftermarket, manufacturing, human resources, etc.
- Proven track record of effectively managing teams, preferably of similar characteristics in the area of BI/Analytics.
- Experience from working in a multi culture context and global company is mandatory.
- Extensive experience and background from technology aspects of BI/Analytics, e.g. BI platforms, advanced analytics tools, Python, etc.
- Extensive experience of statistical models to derive insights from data.
- Experience in Analytics, Machine Learning and AI using Big data technologies desirable.
- Exposure to Advanced Analytics platforms, especially Microsoft Azure is a plus.
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.