Senior Electrical Hardware Specialist
We are looking for a new employee with passion for advanced electrical HW design in automotive applications. Sounds interesting? Then keep reading!
The group’s mission is to design electrical components throughout concept phase up to serial production and maintenance while optimizing demands on quality, deliveries, cost and features.
The development work is mainly project based and you will be involved in the whole chain, from supplier evaluation, product development, industrialization, sales and to the aftermarket.
The team in Gothenburg is a mix in age, gender and nationality, we have an atmosphere where we help each other and enjoy working as a team.
About the role
You will play an important role in the development of new electrical hardware. The role requires frequent communication with internal and external stakeholders regarding specifications and functionality.
Depending on the current project portfolio and project phases, the focus for your work will vary but your main responsibility with the role is to:
- Development and documentation of design and verification guidelines for electrical hardware
- During development phase, support component owners to formulate technical requirements, review circuit schematics/component design, review test plan and test reports in accordance to Volvo standards, review prototypes to control product quality. Performing analysis and tests in electrical lab or in vehicle
- Establish new test methods or company standards for electrical hardware
- Performing analysis to resolving quality issues in projects, in factories or in aftermarket
- You have an academic level graduation in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent competencies
- Significant experience and expertise within electrical hardware and electrical circuits design
- Deep knowledge in data acquisition and digital signal processing
- Expertise in electrical hardware analysis, verification and simulation
- Knowledge about PCB process and failure mode analysis is essential
- Strong analytical skills, technical presentation and communication skills are required
- Experiences in automotive industry and knowledge on relevant international standards are preferable
We believe that you are an open-minded person with a positive attitude and enjoy team work but at the same time you are able to work independently and take responsibility for your own deliveries. You have good communication skills that require that you are fluent in English, both written and spoken. You have the ability to work in a truly multicultural environment.
What can we offer?
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within Volvo Group. With this position we can offer a challenging role where you will be part of an experienced team with a high level of technical expertise. You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Team work, energy, passion and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Want to join the team?
Then send your application as soon as possible. We will be screening applications continuously.
We’d love to hear from you and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!
Markus Lefors, Group Manager - Electrical Actuators and Sensors - Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity, phone: +46 31 322 63 08
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.