Bid Proposal Manager
Nova Bus, a member of the Volvo Group, is currently seeking a Bid Proposal Manager, an important position in our Engineering department.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
Reporting to the Director of Product Planning and Bids, the Bid Proposal Manager leads a team of five (5) bid administrators and oversees the complete response to calls for tenders for Nova Bus. The manager’s team works in collaboration with a cross-functional team to ensure all bid elements are completed on schedule.
- Ensure response to calls for tenders by leading a team of bid administrators.
- Supervise the team of bid administrators.
- Develop and track schedules.
- Implement tools that ensure responses are complete, clear, and accurate.
- Coordinate presales activity with the sales team.
- Ensure the improvement of bid preparation tools.
- Coordinate business decision-making when preparing bids, in collaboration with representatives from sales, finance, warranty, and sales support engineering.
- Develop response strategies in accordance with schedules.
- Manage priorities and capacity to respond to calls for tenders on schedule.
- Depending on the team’s workload, may be called upon to manage bids.
- The technical challenges of a major project
- Competitive salary and benefits
- World-renowned company known for the quality of its products
- Innovative, future-focused team
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or other equivalent
- Project management training or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience, preferably including 3 in management
- Team supervision experience, an asset
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or institutional contractor fields
- Experience in the heavy-duty vehicle and transportation industries, an asset
- Knowledge of the North American transit bus market, an asset
Succeeding in this role requires
- A deliberate customer approach focused on understanding needs
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional groups
- A constructive approach and collaborative teamwork
- Information integrity and accuracy
- An excellent understanding of the functional approach
Submit your resume at email@example.com
Apply directly online using the link below
To see the many career opportunities we offer, visit www.novabus.com
Nova Bus: bring life to your city
Performance | Trust | Customer success | Change | Passion
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.