Associate Packaging Engineer
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about automotive packaging? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the electrical transformation? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
In the Wiring and Packaging Group here at Volvo we are at the heart of Volvo/Mack Trucks.
The Associate Packaging Engineer is responsible for electrical packaging designs across multiple truck brands. A candidate for this position will provide Professional Design solutions within a formal engineering or major design project as an engineer able to work in collaboration with others on electrical component packaging. Candidate will coordinate and perform engineering tasks, under some supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT
- Develop and implement electrical wiring harness, electrical and electronic components packaging solutions within an area of assignment.
- Develop / Maintain Design Documentation, including CAD design data and installation drawings.
- Develop / Maintain Product Structure.
- Support wire harness component owners with physical design and environmental data relevant to their parts.
- Support design implementation activities with internal and external customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Perform analytical calculations in support of designs.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Values Differences
- Action Oriented
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting/Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player, has the ability to cooperate with project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as truthful and direct
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BSEE/BSME, or related field, required
- 1-3 years of automotive experience
- Experience in the use of CAD design software experience, i.e. (Catia, Creo, PDM-Link, Mechanical/Electrical Workbenches). Experience using a Harness Module a bonus.
- Some experience in developing and testing sheet metal brackets
- Knowledge of packaging specifications for electrical and electronic components is a bonus.
- Some experience using standard office software.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.