Sr. Manager, Aftermarket Training & Performance
As the Senior Manager of Aftermarket Training and Performance, you will be responsible for partnering with the senior leadership of the Service, Parts, Warranty and Connected Services operational departments to ensure The Academy is represented in all strategic initiatives that impact the organization’s business objectives. You will work with these business partners to drive learning and performance strategy for their areas of responsibility (AOR) and collaborate with your Performance Improvement Manager to prioritize projects based on key business objectives and The Academy’s resources. Along with your Performance Improvement Manager, you will drive communications and marketing of The Academy’s learning and performance solutions with key stakeholders, emphasizing the impact on business metrics and KPI. You will collaborate with the Director of Competence Development and your internal business partners to devise mid and long-term strategy to keep pace with the rapidly changing technologies and future business models in the commercial transportation industry.
- You will meet regularly with senior leadership of the Service, Parts, Warranty and Connected Services operational units to understand their business objectives and KPI.
- You will partner with The Academy’s Learning Design and Development (LDD) team and your Performance Improvement Manager to design and implement targeted performance solutions in support of these business objectives.
- You will drive two-way data sharing that allows The Academy to target performance gaps based on data and KPI that the dealers and the business determine as critical while keeping stakeholders informed of The Academy’s impact on key business metrics.
- When needs are identified, you will partner with your Performance Improvement Manager to strategize The Academy’s approach and prioritize projects based on business objectives and The Academy’s resources.
- You will ensure that training and performance initiatives from your business partners are linked to key business objectives and that success is tied to a measurable metric.
- You will sit on Dealer advisory organizations (Dealer Service Advisory, Parts Operations, and Dealer Process and IT Councils), as well as, steering and working group committees seeking Dealer’s input into identifying training needs and validating training content to secure stakeholder buy-in and support and maximizing impact to the performance of the business.
- You will collaborate with the Director of Competence Development and your internal business partners to devise mid and long-term strategy to keep pace with the rapidly changing technologies and future business models in the commercial transportation industry.
- You will be responsible for planning and budgeting of all After Market Training and Performance activities, in collaboration with the Director of Competence Development.
- Collaborating with Training Operations’ Communications and Scheduling Teams, you will drive sales of After Market training events and eLearning products.
- You are responsible for maintaining seat capacity and absorption targets for the Aftermarket training and performance events.
- You will represent The Academy at important internal and external After Market channel events, both international and domestic.
- You will actively pursue and participate in training and education activities that expand your industry knowledge and understanding of all activities and functions throughout the Aftermarket channel.
- You will be responsible for other related duties as assigned by your manager.
- Customer Focus
- Directing Others
- Managing Diversity
- Priority Setting
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Developing Direct Reports
- Fairness to Direct Reports
- Learning on the Fly
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- A degree or certification in commercial transportation from a recognized authority
- 7 years actively working in a Service, Parts or Warranty department in the heavy-duty or medium-duty truck, automotive, construction, agriculture or other capital equipment industries or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in managing others in an operational or learning environment
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- 5 years of experience in the learning and development function
- Certificate in, or demonstrated understanding of, Human Performance Improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of basic project management principles and tools
- Demonstrated understanding of budgeting
- Demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills
- Frequent travel required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.