Asset Management Specialist
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the captive finance arm of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading providers of commercial transport solutions. The company provides financial services for the truck, construction equipment, bus, aerospace and marine industries. The primary brands it supports are Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Mack Truck and Prevost Bus. VFS creates value for Volvo Group customers by providing solutions including customer financing and leasing, dealer financing, and other fee-based products, such as insurance. Financial services are delivered to customers through VFS with Volvo Group dealers, allowing customers to enjoy the benefits of a convenient, and one stop-shop experience.
This position will provide the highest level of customer service to our Heavy Truck, Construction Equipment, and Motor Coach customers and the corresponding dealers supporting VFS’s mission to be the premiere Heavy Equipment captive finance company in North America. As an Asset Management Specialist, your key responsibilities will include, analysis and resolution of deficient accounts, completion of customer assistance requests, negotiation of payment arrangements, insurance coverage confirmation and the execution of default remedies on past due Commercial accounts. This position requires a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and problem solving skills. Also, the ability to work autonomously and decisively is a requirement for this position.
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts to ensure payment & insurance coverage irregularities are brought into compliance as quickly as possible.
- Work with customers to determine cause of delinquency and negotiate payment arrangements, extensions and or modifications with customers when warranted.
- Collect monies owed on contracts from other sources i.e.: insurance rebates, dealer commissions or recourse.
- Negotiate total loss settlements and handle entire file until accounts are completely disposed and released.
- Prepare risk assessment reports on past due accounts as deemed necessary.
- Prepare and direct all customer correspondence related to delinquent accounts according to regulatory requirements including but not limited to: default letters, notices of sale, statements and account reconciliations.
- Recommend default remedies and coordinate repossession and recovery through external agencies.
- Prepare delinquency and customer service metric reports to monitor progress/status of portfolio.
- Attend weekly collection meetings to discuss individual accounts and weekly action items.
- Quickly and accurately respond to incoming customer service calls, monitor customer service in box and follow through with the appropriate cross-functional areas to deliver exceptional customer service to all customers/dealers.
- Process customer / dealer inquiries and requests payout quotes, audit confirmations, account reconciliations.
- Prepare amortization schedules account summaries, plating letters, duplicate ownership request, toll violation notification, PPSA / Civil Code searches, PPSA discharge requests, etc.
- Report accounting inaccuracies and follow up on adjustments.
- Prepare monthly customer service reporting.
- Ensure syndicate partners are communicated and provided with all information necessary regarding their portfolio accounts within all functions as per Servicing Agreement requirements.
- Support and backup Repossession functions as required.
- Support Insurance Tracking process as required.
- Backup and assist Deficiency Recovery Specialist and End of Term Specialist functions.
Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent related experience
- 2 to 3 years of prior credit, asset recovery or collections experience in the equipment leasing industry is preferred.
- Credit or accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) candidates will be prioritized
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills supported by strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment;
- High level of integrity with a positive customer and quality focus;
- Strong cross-functional team player who works within and in support of a team environment;
- Working knowledge of PPSA & Civil Code Acts in applicable Canadian provinces, for the purpose of security filing against subject collateral;
- Basic knowledge of financial statement and cash flow analysis skills;
- Good understanding of risk assessment;
- Good computer skills with demonstrated (MS Office) skills.
- Knowledge in Salesforce.com platform a plus
Our culture is how we work together with energy, passion and respect. Employees use their highest levels of professionalism, honour, integrity and respect for our customers and their co-workers. Great opportunities are hard to find, don’t miss this opportunity!
VFS Canada is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout its hiring process.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.