Senior Principal Engineer Cab Lower front
The position will be appointed within Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), Vehicle Engineering, Cab Engineering in Gothenburg. Our team is responsible for developing Cab exterior parts for the Volvo brand, all the way from advanced engineering, concept studies to detailed development work. We do this by combining our knowledge with trust and passion, all with the goal to make our customers succeed.
The Lower front of a Volvo truck is a complex area due to that it must realize many features and functions for the Volvo brand to be successful and to provide the best solutions for our customers, such as aero performance, active and passive safety.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
In this position you will have two main responsibilities:
- Senior Principal Engineer within Lower front
- Sub System & component team (Sub-SCT) leader globally within Lower front
- Be Product owner for your assigned area
- Drive the development from research/early phases of development to product maintenance. Ensuring that the design fulfills the business targets/requirements and provide technical advice
- Deliver a Product System Roadmap for your assigned area for the Volvo brand
- Initiate and maintain extensive contact with key engineers and officials of internal and external organizations thereby maintain a worldwide network.
- Network and build relationship with universities and external institutes for own technical area. Participate in the business development and innovation.
- Identify and work with Advanced Engineering topics
- Lead the Global Sub-SCT team, secure sub-SCT reviews, support concept recommendations and when requested secure detailed Sub-SCT involvement in concept development and related activities.
- Set priorities and agree on the Sub-SCT yearly plan and deliveries together with the Global Technology Manager (GTM).
- Deliver a cross functional Product System Roadmap (PSR) for your assigned area
- Secure Sub-SCT Technology roadmaps for the whole range of Trucks, from Emerging Market to Premium High End Products and that mature technical offer is ready to meet customer requirements.
- Identify technical gaps between the PSR and current global knowledge level / product offering for all range of Trucks and propose Advanced Engineering initiatives to close gaps.
- Lead the Knowledge Management (KM) activities within your Sub-SCT area and together with the global SCT network secure that knowledge is available and shared in front of project initiations.
- Report Sub-SCT progress in different technology forums
- Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience with focus on engineering in plastic material
- 10+ years of experience with plastic engineering
- In depth knowledge in the Lower front area
- Extensive and documented development experience from early concept phases all the way up to the industrialization and maintenance phase
- Experience from working cross-functionally within automotive product development process
- Excellent in global communication and networking
- Structured and ability to lead local and global multi-cultural networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Complete vehicle knowledge
- Documented skills in Catia V5
- Knowledge in Volvo’s internal systems KOLA is a merit
- Driver license B, C is a merit
To enjoy the work and succeed in this position you need to:
- Have a sincere interest in mechanical systems and engineering in plastics
- Love to inspire, develop and motivate your co-workers and yourself
- Be structured and analytical
- Have excellent networking and communication skills
Ulrika Ohlsson, Manager Cab Ext and Vehicle Front Got, +46 31 3234400
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.