Volvo Group senior innovation manager
Imagine yourself looking at a picture. Do you focus on the details or do you prefer to take a holistic view? We are looking for a person who knows that the key to business success is curiosity and drive to take on new possibilities and who is able to look at the bigger picture. If you thrive in leading change and are able to create and contribute to a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you are interested to join our team.
This is us, your new colleagues in CTO Office
Many of today's societal challenges are expected to be solved by technology development and the Volvo Group (VG) is investing heavily in Research and Development (RnD). In order to fully leverage our R&D investments, it is necessary to strengthen the alignment of the innovation, technology and regulatory agendas to prepare our organization for the future.
Through internal and external collaboration, the CTO Office is instrumental to the Volvo Group in order to drive the innovation, technology & regulatory agendas, assure technology partnerships & research collaborations and to guide our future transformation.
We are a global support to the Volvo Group CTO operating with the aim to further strengthen the Volvo Group position and competitiveness. We are organized within Volvo Group Trucks Technology. The team you will join consists of highly engaged people around the world with different backgrounds and perspectives, a fantastic workplace to join.
We are looking for VG senior innovation manager
As VG senior innovation manager you will be part of a team responsible to drive the VG Innovation system as well as the VG innovation agenda with the ambition to secure a strong innovation culture guided by simplicity, speed, agility, inclusiveness, “dare to experiment” and success!
- You will be key in driving realization of VG innovations all the way from idea generation to new ventures
- You will act as a trusted ambassador for the VG by interacting with a wide area of stakeholders utilizing our global presence as trusted thought leaders
- You will report to the VP CampX and Innovation eco systems
- Contribute and take active part in to the strategy, improvement and change management in the VG innovation system
- In collaboration with relevant VG functions and external stakeholders secure the VG Innovation system
- Contribute and take active part to innovation management-goal setting, planning, prioritization and follow up of the VG Innovation system incl. activities and projects
- Contribute and take active part in initiation, selection, support and follow up of innovation projects and activities
- Contribute and take active part to drive performance measures for the VG Innovation system and support actions to drive change for improved efficiency and maximized outcome
- Contribute and take active part in the development and implementation of tools and methods in the VG innovation system
- Contribute and take active part in driving VG innovation through innovation partnerships, e.g. start-ups
- Contribute and take active part in securing VG innovation eco system interface and representation
- Contribute and take active part in the CampX by VG concept development, deliverables & implementation
- Innovate and conceptualize CampX by VG concept
- Communication support regarding the VG innovation system
- Contribute and take active part in develop and drive training needed in the VG innovation system
We believe that it is the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you besides your genuine interest in working with people and realize innovations in a technical product development context, also see challenges as something positive and face change with curiosity - then we are sure you will be successful in this position.
- You have experience from globally working in product and business development
- You have a proven track record to realize innovations originating from internal ideas as well as through external partnerships
- You have an extensive experience and deep knowledge of the VG, particularly in technology and/or business
- You have the capability to secure a VG approach towards innovation opportunities supporting ongoing business as well as creating new ventures
- You have a proven track record from working in cross functional teams cross organisational boundaries, VG internal as well as external, and a personal drive to boost visibility of VG Innovation Leadership.
- You have a proven track record of strong people skills with an open mindset and passion to deliver value for our customers as well as for society at large
- To treat people equally and work with the customer in mind goes for you without saying
- We believe that you are curious to learn and develop yourself
- Master of Science in Engineering or similar
- More than 5 years of experience from technology product and/or business development in large multinational company.
- More than 4 years of experience from driving innovation working in cross-functional teams
- Ability to grasp new ideas with an innate curiosity and experience in taking innovation to commercialization
- People skills. Good networking, collaboration and benchmarking skills
- Proven track record of being self-driven and reaching results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable in maneuvering in a large group and good collaboration skills
- Quick decision-making as well as a clear focus on problem-solving
- Structured, analytical and holistic mind-set
- Highly resilient. Proactive and responsive to ever changing context and new challenges.
- High level of personal integrity and capability to act as a team player
Helene Niklasson, VP CampX and Innovation eco systems +46 31 322 8807, 073902 8807
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.