End User Function Owner Cab Climate
Cab Technology develops strategies and knowledge (advanced engineering) to offer the most competitive cabs. We also understand the final customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical concepts and solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. The work is based on innovation, shared technology, common architecture and brand uniqueness.
We are now looking for an End User Function Owner for Cab Climate functions. Cab Climate is responsible for design and development of all components in the Climate area as well as strategies and advanced engineering
As End User Function Owner in Cab Climate, you have the authority to define all EUF requirements needed for wanted end user functionality, safety, quality, functional variation, brand distinction and platform harmonization. You will have a global responsibility covering all sites and truck brands within the Volvo Group, You will report to the Group Manager, Cab Climate GOT, Feature & EUF and will be located in Gothenburg
- Requirement Owner for the Cab Climate
- Define all EUF requirements needed for wanted end user functionality, safety, quality, functional variation, brand distinction and platform harmonization
- Establish EUF short and long term strategy for all products and brands with input from PPL Feature Specialists, Requirement Owners and Stakeholders
- Stakeholder/Product Owner voice for Cab Climate EUF in projects
- Analyse functional needs at Transport Solution level from Use Cases, Technology Development, Project Prerequisites and Features
- Specify the EUF in terms of customer needs and wanted system behaviour
- Ensure that the EUF is in line with Customer Features, relevant Transport Solution Requirements and other EUF’s (in cooperation with Feature Leaders, Global Vehicle Function Architect and Function Control Committee)
- Lead the formal inspection of EUF Requirement Specification
- Manage and address issues in the EUF documentation
- Lead and coordinate (on appropriate level) of quality and safety activities in a X-functional network
- Plan and participate in quality and safety ensuring activities, including screening
- Lead the work with Hazard Analysis, Functional safety Concept, and Safety Case including associated reviews and independent assessments
- Contribute and participate in activities like S-FMEA, Fault-Tree Analysis and Technical Safety Concepts
- Evaluate and review EUF System design and contribute to agreement and balancing with solution providers. Act as Stakeholder or Product Owner for the End User Function in product projects
- Establish EUF verification and validation plan (EUF Delivery plan (equivalent to PDP)), follow-up results for all requirements in EUF RS and assess maturity, progress and status in development loops
- Report and communicate maturity, progress and status of the End User Function towards Customer Features, Stakeholders, agile trains, line management and project management
- Contribute and participate in development of EUF verification and validation methods together with V&V engineers
- Collect and manage all problem reports directed towards the EUF from the field, market reports and in projects
- Subscribe to all Protus reports directed towards the EUF in the Protus system. Address the problems or forward the problems to relevant members in an X-functional network
- Cab Technology is an attractive and engaging work place, known for highly skilled employees that cooperate in a global environment
As our preferred candidate you have MSc in Engineering with extensive experience of product development within the automotive industry. You should have ability to handle complex balancing of contradictory engineering and customer requirements. You are also expected to have several years of experience working with Functions in the automotive business.
You need to be an inspiring leader and have a positive mind-set. You need to have the skill to work with global teams. You are expected to have a holistic view, show organisational agility and be able to achieve results and continuous improvements. You should possess solid English skills.
For additional information, please contact:
Anders Nordén, Vice President Cab Technology, phone +46 76 553 67 04
Merja Hellanmaa, Acting GTM Cab climate, phone +46 73 902 22 36
Cecilia Viktor, HRBP, phone +46 73 9025114
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.