Associate Engineer - Electrical and Electronics
This position is in the Electrics and Electronics team within Group Trucks Technology. The E&E group is responsible for sensors, wiring harnesses, power cables, control units, starter motors, actuators, and software verification. The successful candidate will support testing, verification, and development of both engine wiring harnesses and sensors. You will be working alongside a team of experienced engineers to develop and deliver solutions. As a hardware engineer, you will need a strong set of analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues as they arise. Strong communication is crucial as you will be working closely with other engineers on a frequent basis.
- Develop and verify wiring harnesses and sensors for ongoing projects
- Ensure all defects are correctly reported, analyzed, assigned, or escalated when needed
- Gather and maintain test data
- Support the team during quality investigations and resolution
- Plan and execute verification testing on components
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail - be able to run strict test cases and identify failures and deviations
- Good problem solver - be able to take a well-ordered approach on issues
- Dependability - follow through on commitments, provide timely delivery of assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Experience with 2D/3D schematics and models
- Part release process experience
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree in technical field preferred
- Experience with test tools - Matlab, CANazlyer, ATI Vision
- Basic Matlab/Simulink knowledge
- CAD experience
- AGILE way of working experience
- Experience with pressure, temperature, speed, and level sensor technologies
- Knowledge of CAN based communication
- Basic knowledge of Diesel engines
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.