Sr. Manager Operations Support
The Sr. Manager, Operations Support is responsible for the leadership, innovation, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, and monitor quality and continuous improvement activities within the Uptime Support function for Volvo and Mack Trucks in North America. Own that the Uptime Operations Support functions are in line with the strategic direction and vision of Uptime Support in general. Carry voice of customer throughout various forums to safeguard initiatives and lead various projects/initiatives as required.
- Drive to improve the quality process with alignment of customer feedback, monitoring components and audit processes to ensure focus is on the follow up piece of each transaction. Establish a communication tool to address real time opportunities identified.
- Manage all process and quality documentation and structure to include any training documents to ensure alignment of process across the department.
- Manage the Uptime Center Operations Support Staff to ensure efficiency measures are in place and streamline processes, which include reporting, staffing, forecasting and training.
- Manage and drive for customer setup inputs that are accurate and easy to use from agent’s perspective as well as accurate and complete. Continue ongoing development of customer /dealer education related to customer profiles and depots in the ASIST platform. Enable customer/dealer to easily execute on seven step set up in order to capitalize on Uptime services investment.
- Lead all projects (includes documenting contractual agreements) related to new business endeavours which directly impact the expansion of the Uptime Center.
- Own all related issues regarding phone systems and emergency procedures related to call center capabilities 24/7/365.
- Manage Preferred Vendor Network (PVN) operations related to program structure, automation and application of best industry practices.
- Benchmark, apply and share best practices from other Group functions and as well as other industries, partners and competitors. Lead effective and efficient ISO Compliant Quality /Audit processes are secured and implemented.
- Secure voice of customer into service development and evolution. Understand and learn about customers’ business in order to drive continuous improvements. Drive accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with stakeholders, including aftermarket and truck sales.
- Execution of reporting process for operations team involved in forecasting, scheduling and maintenance for day to day operations to ensure staffing needs are aligned and staff utilization is maximized. Own all operational reporting for completeness, accuracy and applicability. Establish reporting review schedules as needed to secure optimal formatting, communication, and use of information into ongoing process improvements.
- Explore and evaluate strategic partnership opportunities. Propose and initiate business development activities and projects. Drive and coordinate business development activities cross-functionally within GTSMA. Initiate and lead process improvements contributing to improving efficiency including the ability to sell and deliver services and solutions.
- Market Knowledge and Understanding
- Ability to initiate, develop present and execute business cases
- Planning and Organization
- Inspiring Leadership
- Change Facilitation
- Forward Thinking
- Project Management
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of significant experience in quality and continuous improvement (strongly preferred)
- 10+ more years of direct and relevant industry-related experience (strongly preferred)
- 7 years trucking, automotive or related transportation industry experience in projects and operations
- Quality Certifications
- Project Management Certifications
- Occasional travel required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.