Volvo Financial Services - Country Manager (IRE)
The Country Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the VFS market business within Ireland. The position manages the development and execution of the business plans for the market within Volvo Group guidelines. He/she ensures that sales, yield, market penetration, customer satisfaction and productivity & profitability objectives are achieved.
The jobholder leads and manages the development and execution of the commercial and operations service delivery in line with VFS EMEA’s strategy and within Volvo Group guidelines. The jobholder drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the respective processes within his/her responsibility together with the innovation and development of processes, systems and associated structures.
He/she assures a close cooperation between the VFS Ireland team and the VFS UK Operations and Finance teams defining and governing the content delivery for Commercial.
- Ensures objectives in overall profitability, growth of the business and customer/dealer satisfaction are met
- Takes the lead in preparation of the annual operational plan in line with VFS strategic objectives
- Translates VFS EMEA corporate strategy to execution of Commercial delivery processes in Ireland
- Effectively manages the complete business cycle to ensure stable performance of the retail and wholesale portfolio
- Ensures implementation and promotes use of point-of-sale processes and tools
- Ensures implementation of product lifecycle customer interaction tools
- Implements sales and marketing processes, brand initiatives, and other projects and tools as required
- Personally supports major negotiations with the most important dealers and key accounts, taking the lead where appropriate.
- Establishes and develops strong relationships with end customers. Maintains strong and healthy relationships with colleagues from the Volvo Group’s market entities in order to effectively promote the services and offerings of VFS
- Systematically manages deliveries, finance penetration, managed assets, operating income, expenses, investments and headcount to ensure business performance
- Proactively identifies and drives initiatives that assist in Business Areas meeting their own market share objectives
- Ensures compliance and adherence to legislative standards and regulatory requirements as well as Volvo policies and guidelines when leading and supporting business initiatives
- Implement and directly supervise all business-related processes and procedures to ensure that the business is conducted as quickly and efficiently as possible while complying with the relevant Volvo policies and guidelines as well as external requirements
- Establish focus in VFS Ireland on exceptional service levels, exceeding customer and channel partner expectations towards the delivery process
- Recruits, motivates, engages and develops talented employees
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years banking, leasing or asset finance experience including Credit, Risk and Operations experience
- Experience working in the commercial vehicle, construction equipment or asset finance industry preferred.
- Extensive experience in selling financial products.
Competencies & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels. Both internally and externally.
- Strong business and financial acumen, results-orientated, building the foundations for long term business success and proven record in achieving business results.
- Ability to understand, assess and manage credit, financial and business risks.
- Understand and manage the regulatory, compliance and internal requirements of the local market.
- Has knowledge and experience of compliance with relevant regulatory regimes and practices, including steps to prevent money laundering and anti-competitive behaviour.
- Understanding of the Central Credit Register.
- Thorough knowledge of the Volvo Group products and the end customers and dealers businesses.
- Demonstrates courageous managerial effectiveness and integrity.
- Is target-driven, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility.
- Team player with the demonstrated ability to involve and collaborate with others.
- Strong planning and analytical skills as well as holistic thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.