Engineer - Geometrical Architect
The content of the role can be shortly described as,
The Geometrical Architect (GA) takes the lead in cross commodity geometrical activities to fulfill the project QDCF requirements. GA brings complete CAB knowledge to deliver optimized and communalized architecture by balancing customer needs while protecting brand distinction.
GA is leader for vehicle packaging, taking care of the interfaces between modules. This job is closely connected to strategies, technology, manufacturing development and product /project planning and has more engagement over time than just project time.
- GA has an area responsibility for a given project.
- GA leads the cross functional work through the packaging meeting.
- GA involves the people that can/should contribute.
- GA delivers the secured geometries within the time frame.
This position comes under reporting structure of Group Manager - Geometrical Architecture & Platform group within CAB design department.
- Deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects. To solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This include tolerances, weight, main dimensions and bodybuilder suitability
- Set up the cross functional packaging organization and Packaging Issue Log (PIL)
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging.
- Analyse and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts.
- Give input regarding geometrical matters to stakeholders (Global Manufacturing (GM), Aftermarket (AM) and commodities (ex. Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain), from a complete vehicle perspective.
- Build geometry verification plan (virtual builds, physical builds B/C, DMU structure)
- Show progress (by PIL) and status for all geometry related activities
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process, in collaboration with the area leader.
- Drive Digital Mock up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic.
The Geometrical Architect (GA), has the authority to take all necessary decisions in order to fulfil the responsibilities:
- Take necessary geometrical decisions in a project or a packaging study. Decisions should be within project pre req. frame/scope. This is to achieve agreed project requirements balanced with platform requirements.
- Arbitrate the issues that are brought up between commodities, and escalate the issue if needed, write a Protus.
- Determine together with AL geometrical verification method that sould apply to a given project, request packaging vehicles and/or physical mock-up taking into account area complexities, time and cost.
- Assertive communication
- Attention to Detail
- Structured and analytical
- Solution oriented
- Conceptual Thinking
- Team Oriented
- Ability to collaborate
- Product data management
- Product knowledge
- Vehicle geometry architecture
- System Engineering and Requirement management
- Vehicle Regulations and Compliance (basic)
- BE / B-Tech (Mechanical / Automotive)
- Competitor Analysis (benchmarking)
- KOLA & PROTUS (preferred)
- Clear and crisp in communication
- Should be team oriented and able to collaborate with cross-functional area’s
- University degree- Bachelor of Mechanical / Automobile Engineering with 3-5 year industry experience.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.