Engineer - Noise Encapsulation
GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore is looking for an energetic and skilled candidate to work in the Powertrain installation area. If you are looking for the diversified experience by working across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Powertrain installation group gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
- As a part of powertrain installation team, you shall be working on Noise encapsulation of powertrain components – Noise shields development and installation, working closely with suppliers in the development and validation of noise shields.
- You shall be responsible for designing the components, defining and proving the functional and installation needs of the component to meet vehicle level requirements.
- You will have to deliver design solutions and carry out DFMEA along with other quality tools to ensure the solutions are robust and capture the cross functional inputs
- You will have the component ownership and shall be responsible for development from concept to start of production while working with cross functional team & peers in other teams. You will also have to interface with other stake holders such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Aftermarket
- You shall also work on the maintenance of responsible components which means solving the filed / customer issues.
- You might also need to support global delegations and support the global teams with our expertise in these areas.
- Since we work in a very global setup and with cross functional teams, there are good opportunities for personal development within this position.
- Depending on the applicant profile, additional responsibilities could be added on advanced engineering activities and system performance related tasks.
Qualification and skills:
- General awareness of the product development life cycle and change management activities for maintenance are required for this role.
- Automotive domain knowledge with working experience on noise shields / noise encapsulation technologies.
- Good knowledge on design and NVH
- Exposure to structural and Acoustic simulation will be added advantage
- Good knowledge on materials and manufacturing process – Sheet metal, plastics and composite materials
- Basic knowledge on Tool technology – Stamping, Blow moulding, Roto-moulding and Heat stamping tools
- Hands on with Creo parametric with Part, Sheet metal and surfacing modules
- Should have worked with handling large assemblies with Creo Parametric / Creo view or Mcad
- Exposure to PDM and PLM will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Volvo documentation systems / tools like KOLA would be considered as an asset..
- English: Fluent.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities.
- You must be someone who is a natural team player and interested in customer needs.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.