Associate On-Vehicle Verification Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group we listen to our employees and encourage them to apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department delivers all electrical features on Volvo and Mack trucks in the North American market and exports models globally. The System Team focuses on securing the quality of the developed and deployed solution meets the demands stated in requirements and acceptance criteria. The unique combination of analytical and technical skills together with understanding of the business requirements and domain knowledge allows the System Team to verify the quality of the electrical and electronic solutions used in our products.
We want to make a difference by being there for our colleagues and our customers and by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. You will work with a diverse and passionate team who value a culture of learning and mentoring. You will have a chance to work hands on with solutions under development and apply your skills to deliver only the highest quality to our customers.
The verification engineer shall deliver the overall test scope(s) and all test specification(s) in time for test execution according to the develop test process and the program/project plan. The verification engineer also executes and reports test results to the Verification Leader.
This position works hands on with the product and provides an opportunity for product knowledge and skill development. Driving will be a requirement to perform testing so a CDL or ability to qualify for a CDL is a requirement.
- Develop test specification for a given test scope
- Interface with system requirement developer
- Analyze input requirement
- Analyze test development plan and test need
- Create and update required test scope, test specifications and test cases
- Deliver the overall test scope in time for execution according to the task and the EE process
- Test execution & reporting of specific area or level
- Status reporting including PR reporting on his function/product
- Creates and delivers the final reports according to the task request
- Maintain a CDL
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrate basic knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields.
- Action oriented, values differences, collaborates, decision quality and customer focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, required. Master's degree preferred.
- This is an entry level position with zero to three years experience, preferably in the heavy trucks industry.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.