Senior Project Manager
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead.
We are now looking for a Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities on assigned projects to ensure project objectives are completed on time and within budget. This person works closely with business partners, developers and vendors to determine how technology might assist in addressing business needs and translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications. The senior project manager understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage. This role within Volvo Financial Services, Digital Solutions & IT reports to the Head of Project Execution, Region Americas, and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Acts as the Project Manager for assigned large, complex application development and packaged software implementation projects
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Supports and enforces standards and methodologies around business process development, project management and change management
- Analyze business processes, workflow, and objectives and develop automation requirements for computer software systems
- Follow a standard project management methodology and maintain standard project management documentation; define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Create test plans and coordinate the testing and QA actions necessary to identify software/system defects and adherence to business specifications
- Engage the business as a customer and partner through good communications and collaborative problem solving
- Facilitate communication among software developers, contractors/consultants and business personnel to focus on and improve customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain project plans utilizing MS Project; includes resources, deliverables, milestones and timelines
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications
- Work closely with business partners, IT personnel and external vendors to understand and prioritize business goals and requirements to develop system requirements and design specifications
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommends and takes action and identifies solutions of problems
- Utilize creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team.
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in developing and managing IT projects from inception to delivery
- 7+ years of experience with SDLC processes and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft tools: Visio, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TFS, etc.
- Previous experience with parts & services financing and general ledger implementations using Microsoft Navision
- Experience in managing projects deliverables in multiple countries. Background working in North and South American countries is a plus
- Strong background in financial services operations is preferred
- Prior management experience is preferred
- Analysis, design and testing of automated business solutions
- Creation and maintenance of project plans using MS Project or similar tool
- Creation of test scripts for systems implementation and conversion; perform testing and documenting results
- Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Strong project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
Required Competencies and Skills:
- High integrity
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent troubleshooting and innovative problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Resourceful Attitude (“whatever it takes”)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work within and in support of a team environment
- Logical thinker with excellent communications and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated with the ability to adapt to change
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.