Operations Graduate Development Program - Manufacturing Engineer
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group’s global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end to end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the global GTO organization responsible for Product, being the main interface of GTO towards Group Trucks Technologies department for product engineering.The mission of this role is to secure that GTT delivers a product that is verified & aligned with Volvo Production System and Future Factory Concept. The manufacturing Engineer will move between Q&E NA Manufacturing Engineering Departments to learn all the responsible functions and to assist in the most critical project need or activity.The specific functions include Project Management, Technical Product Engineering, Product Documentation, Quality, Strategic Investigations, and Business Planning.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
This role is part of the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering group. We support all of the Volvo Group truck brands and are the main interface between the production facilities and Vehicle Engineering.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering tasks using established procedures.
- Will move between Q&E NA Manufacturing Engineering Departments to learn all the responsible functions and to assist in the most critical project need or activity. The specific functions include Project Management, Technical Product Engineering, Product Documentation, Quality, Strategic Investigations, and Business Planning.
- Interacts with representatives from a variety of functional groups, including design engineering, manufacturing engineering, purchasing, the program office, and all production and inspection personnel in the assigned product or program area, as well as within the Product Assurance Department.
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Understands specific client needs or technical specifications, and other engineering data to develop new techniques and estimate time requirements for each step and total cost of the project.
- Assist Technical Product Engineers in design evaluation, Virtual Manufacturing, Design for Assembly, and CAD analysis.
- Keeps abreast of technology changes and installs the most effective manufacturing methods to keep the company at a competitive edge at all times.
- Assists experienced Managers in the ME Business Office in strategic business case development such as Make or Buy, Depth of Engagement, and new technologies including E-mobility and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Performs a variety of tasks such as the preparation of simple plans, designs, calculations, costs and bills of material in accordance with established codes, standards and drawings.
- Assist Product Project and Industrial Project Managers in implementation of product changes into the production facilities.
- Support the manufacturing quality team through application of the quality tools, internal audits, and campaigns.
- Receives training and development in various phases of engineering work.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering Science, Computer Science, Supply Chain, or related discipline. Minor in a Business related discipline is a plus.
- Successful completion of degree in 2018, 2019, or not later than June 2020.
- Maximum two years of previous working experience, prior to or after graduation.
- Applicable internship or co-op experience.
- Exposure to automotive manufacturing and/or project management.
- Experience or knowledge with virtual manufacturing processes.
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills
- Fluent in English.
- Visa sponsorship (including OPT/CPT status) is not offered for this program; therefore, eligible candidates must have valid US work authorization.
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business.
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Instills trust
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Excellent creative thinking, judgment, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.