Intern: Business Control (Spring 2020)
- Assist with month-end financial reports and journal entries
- Creating annual/monthly/quarterly schedules
- Ensure accurate and timely financial performance analysis and reporting
- Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Manage the monthly tracking of our physical inventory
- As applicable to assigned business area, perform in-depth analysis of on-going operations. Identify important trends, key risk, and opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting and and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prefer a motivated rising Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.