Co-Op: Fab Manufacturing Engineer (Spring 2020)
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Co-ops are structured learning experiences where co-ops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo (BA/BU).
- Assist and learn from the process technicians and ME’s in their tasks:
- Safety activities
- Insourcing business case development
- Capital equipment justification
- Problem Solving (QRPS)
- Continuous improvement activities
- Product and process development
- Develop and update fabrication processes (Work instruction, manufacturing check list, quality inspection, etc…)
- Work directly with IE/ME to validate/update time standards
- Drive special projects related to fabrication improvements (Line balancing, Andon, reduction of defects, waste elimination, etc…)
- Complete various data entry and analysis tasks to provide information for management team
- Lay out updated and improvement (CAD)
- Student must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Mechanical, Industrial, Weld Engineering, or similar degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.