Local Manager Cost Engineering - LYON
The Cost Engineering department is an Engineering function working primarily with manufacturing Engineering / tool design, with the main responsibility to calculate part cost and investment throughout the development process.
We follow the development process from advanced engineering phase /concept selection working intimately with engineering and design providing part cost and investment for the designs as they progress. In sourcing of the parts, we provide the buyers with well-defined Cost Objectives and are an active partner in achieving the set objectives.
Another large part of our work scope is the change management after supplier selections, calculating and setting cost objectives for engineering changes.
In this work, it is important to cooperate with many different parts of our organization such as purchasing, engineering, project leaders, and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Strategy department.
We are now looking for a Local manager Lyon France – Cost engineering
Profile: Local manager Lyon France – Cost Engineering
As local Cost Engineering Manager Lyon, you will be reporting to the Director Cost Engineering and will be responsible of leading the local team. The main responsibility leading the local team is supporting and working intimately with the Global Functional managers in the three technology areas – chemical Metallic and Electrical / Electronics
Description of work
- Strong partner to the Global Functional Managers, supporting local requirements
- Participating and securing / highlighting Cost Engineering participation in crucial local project activities
- Manage the team local HR process/ Information flow
- Supporting and driving that the local team is a strong player / participator in the global team and context
- Be a strong driver and contributor in the total Global Cost Engineering Team of tools and processes both internally and externally
- Important is that the manager position is also mixed with normal Cost Engineering cost calculation work. This means being responsible for the regular deliverables that a Cost Engineer is doing in the daily work.
- BSc / MSc or equivalent experience
- Documented long experience in one of the major Cost engineering areas
- Documented leadership skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Experience in building strong highly motivated /competent teams
- Experience in working internationally and multi-cultural
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.