First Line Manager, Outbound Operations
Mission and Purpose of the Position
- As a member of the RDC Management Team, drive continual improvement activities to meet desired organizational performance targets
- Champion and support the development of the continuous improvement (LEAN) culture in the organization
- Model behavior of an inspirational leader to engage and motivate teams
- Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4 step training approach
- Use robust problem solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
- Perform Operations Support, Outbound FLM, and Site Manager functions as needed
- Accountable for the Outbound operational performance in terms of SQDCEP
- Lead the development and improvement actions as required to secure world class operational excellence
- Take the lead to provide analytical support to the RDC Outbound team to support root cause analysis on defined issues leveraging corporate resources as needed
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking of the outbound team, ensuring SAP and other systems are kept updated
- Build strong network with corporate resources that can support achieving site objectives
- Work with colleagues, managers and main stakeholders to be able to develop action plan for short and long term sustainability of the RDC
- Support and ensure compliance of (OD/VPS, ISO9001, and ISO4001) programs and communicate information to team
- Secure built in quality and work with customer feedback in order to constantly improve quality of the deliveries
- Formalize and implement best practices through shared learnings via networking, benchmarking (both internally and externally) to drive performance to the next level.
- Support all project activities as directed by the management
- Assist with attracting, hiring and developing talent for new as well for existing employees
- Create improvement plans and challenge team to achieve higher results
- Establish and develop strong relationship with all staff members
- Ensure safety targets are met and related policies are respected in the operation
- Ensure environmental policies are followed and maintained
- Support a strong problem solving culture with everyone all-in on the achieving the operations objectives
- Use sound judgment to ensure the end customer is satisfied
- Maintain compliance with company policy/procedures as required
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, business, Engineering or similar field preferred
- 5 years of experience in distribution/manufacturing or logistics required
- 2 or more years of management/supervisory experience preferred
- Proven skills in developing people; coaching and shaping a high-performing team
- Strong leadership skills using an inclusive style of coaching
- Significant change management experience with the ability to set demanding targets; and then motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Strong Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Customer focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Standing alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shrink personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment. Have strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity
- Peer relationship: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different approaches; works to develop strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.