Co-op: Public Affairs (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Public Affairs team as an co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of public affairs, law and engineering. As a valued member of the Public Affairs team within Volvo Group North America, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Public Policy executives, Global Regulation Specialists, and others in developing valuable resource materials to inform the company’s autonomous and electric mobility policy positions. Volvo Group North America’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
· Research U.S. federal and state regulations and proposed bills related to automated and electric vehicles
· Develop and update information resources providing updated state regulations and funding opportunities on automated and electric vehicles
· Attend congressional hearings and write reports on various Public Affairs topics
· Perform other relevant tasks as needed
Essential Skills and Experience
· Applicant should have basic knowledge of US federal and state government legislative and regulatory operation
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds positively to changes in direction and priorities, and accepts new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Political Science, Business, Economics, or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Action Oriented
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.