Your main responsibility is to secure spare parts availability by handling procurement from various suppliers mainly located in Asia towards our Singapore warehouse, while keeping an optimized capital tied up in inventory.
Your effective coordination and accurate communication with external suppliers and internal departments is essential. Extensive planning, forecasting and negotiation of delivery schedules will ultimately achieve target level of delivery precision, parts availability, back order recovery and turn-over rate of inventory.
You will also need to stay flexible and multi-task oriented in a fast-paced environment. The ability to understand, response and determine necessary actions in an independent, professional, and timely manner is the key to deliver our customer success, you are also encouraged to take initiative to solve problems in ways that are creative and self-determined.
You will be part of material planning team in DC Singapore, reporting to Materials Manager Singapore.
The position is located in Singapore and set up to support materials planning mainly for DC Singapore but also for other sites in the Asia Pacific region.
Main Roles & responsibilities:
- You will execute and coordinate weekly delivery schedules to suppliers (70% located in India 20% in other Asia countries and 10% in EU), follow up shipments schedule and provide reliable ETA (Expected Time of Arrival).
- You will secure daily checking and analysis on risk of run out, identify proactive actions, urgent decisions and resolutions to prevent critical shortage
- You will secure daily recovery on urgent customer back orders, and proactive analysis and actions on aging / critical back orders
- You will be responsible for Kitting planning and also spare parts planning sourced from other Volvo warehouses. Effectively coordinating with other material planners and warehouse support team.
- You will be responsible for weekly KPI analysis (Supplier delivery precision, Parts Availability, Back order Recovery, Back order Ageing), to identify and drive activities to improve the KPI, initiate corrective or improvement actions
- You will be responsible for weekly supplier performance analysis and follow up, organize regular meetings and visits with suppliers, initiate and drive activities to improve supplier performance and working relationship
- You will work very closely and proactively with internal cross-functional/cultural teams (Purchasing, SRM, Parts sales, Spare parts engineer, Customer Service, Traffic Operation, Warehouse and Factory plant) to secure optimal planning process for each delivery
- You will be responsible for invoice receiving, and part of supplier discrepancy handling.
- You will be responsible for EDI roll out and development, and also system and process improvement
- You will be responsible for forecast analysis and also inventory optimization for spare parts under your assortment
- You will be responsible to take actions when problems occur under your assigned scope
- You will be encouraged to not only do the job but also continuously improve it by individual initiative, or together with the team and manager to increase overall efficiency and productivity
- Other duties as assigned by management
- A degree in supply chain, logistics or related area is preferred
- Working experience in logistics services in terms of spare parts purchasing, supplier relationship and inventory management would advantage
- Any additional background in aftermarket field (product support, sales…) will be welcome
- Fluent speaking & writing in English, other Asian languages are a merit.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications required, especially Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Access desirable.
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills, Self-motived and proactive
- Work in a structured way and base actions on facts
- Service minded and customer oriented.
- Take initiative and proactively drive to improve
- Act according to the Volvo Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, Performance)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.