Volvo North America Heavy duty diesel test laboratory is looking to hire skilled individuals wanting a career working on exciting new technologies for the future and the maintenance of our current products.
- This is a job within the Union
- This position will be a 2nd shift position with the possibility of 1st based on union seniority
- Responsible for measurement quality and result.
- Responsible for the test cells equipment, function and calibration status.
- Perform troubleshooting on test equipment when necessary
- Perform all work on test objects according to the workshop instructions
- Report faults on test cells, measurement equipment and test objects according to established routines.
- Contribute in the section operational developments
- Maintain and develop the appointed responsible area. (5S method)
- Account for the test cell hours according to established routines
- Consider the total economy for the company during all activities
- Finalize the installation/connection of the test object in cell, and the measurement devices
- Validation & analysis of the test results & cycles, with coherence to the reference points, & detection of problems.
- Diagnostic on test product or the cell in case of difficulty
- Contribute to test cell improvements, test codes and test procedures
- Reading of the test request, optimization & realization of the tests, with responsibility for productivity, Quality and safety rules
- Daily follow-up of the cell diary, including data to establish KPI
- Adjustment of data in ECU with engineering agreement, if necessary.
- Daily cooperation with Coordinator, Manager, Engineering & Lab partners
- Ensure that the all tests are carried out in efficient manner and validate the tests.
Individual employee traits required
- Technically skilled
- Team working
- Communicative people
- Pro-active / positive
- Field expertise (hands-on-experience)
Basic Computer Skills, Word, Excel, Outlook
2 Year Associates in Engineering
With 2 years experience in the automotive field and demonstrated relevant computer skills
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.