Analytics Manager EMEA
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s largest producers of commercial transport solutions, providing services throughout Europe, the Americas, and Asia/Pacific. Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the global financial services organization for the Volvo Group with total managed assets of approximately $20 billion.
The Global Headquarters for Volvo Financial Services is Greensboro, North Carolina where the President of the Business Area, the finance department, and the functional leaders for credit/risk management, communications, human resources, and legal are located. The Region EMEA Headquarters is located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
This position will be part of the Global Headquarter Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position will support the EMEA region, and will be located in EMEA. The Manager of Analytics is responsible for the development and governance visualizations and predictive analytics within the EMEA region. This position will work closely with IT and local business leaders to ensure accurate information is captured in IT tools in the most efficient manner. In addition, this position will support activities in functional areas such as Risk and Capital Markets. This position reports to the Director of Visualization and Analytics.
- Manages team responsible for development visualizations and advanced analytics for EMEA markets
- Leads design of core visualizations with business leaders of local EMEA markets
- Leads design and development of governance model for visualization platform
- Prioritizes phases of visualization platform execution
- Champions visualization platform and serves as advocate for business leaders
- Works with local markets and regional HQ to optimize business processes and improve data accuracy
- Works with IT to ensure critical data elements are incorporated into data warehousing technology
- Works with business and technology experts to explore, prioritize, and develop new business product lines utilizing both descriptive and predictive analytics
- Provides training to regional and local market personnel on key topics such as data visualization, dashboard design, predictive and other advanced analytics
- Works with analytics practitioners around VFS to develop and share best practices in areas of predictive modeling, data mining, and optimization of business practices
- Leads the incorporation of advanced analytics into current business processes
- Serves as liaison between data science and business users
- Works jointly with the business and technology experts from VFS global IT team to prioritize, develop, and operationalize predictive analytics to enhance business performance
- Supports all functional areas in development and governance of advanced analytics
- Supports development of VFS policies and procedures to ensure that all financial transactions are controlled, tracked, reported and analyzed in a timely manner, in accordance with Volvo’s Financial Policies and Procedures
- Travels both inside and outside EMEA (30% or less)
- Models The Volvo Values and ensures the Code of Conduct is followed
- Other duties and projects may be assigned
- BS/BA in Statistics/Economics/Finance
- 7+ years of experience with Volvo Financial Services or other captive finance company
- Experience managing people
- Experience with programming languages, SAS, Python, R, or similar preferred but not required
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau
- Multi-national corporate work experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with reporting software packages such as Hyperion or SAP desirable
- Strong presentation and communication skills with experience in various business settings
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Individual should be at the skilled level for the following competencies:
- Customer Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships and gains insight into customer needs
- Ensures Accountability: Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same
- Decision Quality: Makes high-quality decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Plans and Aligns: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others easily. Models high standards of honesty and integrity
- Builds effective teams: Fosters open dialogue and collaboration amongst the team. Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset
- Values differences: Actively seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures. Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Proactively seeks feedback from a wide variety of people
- Communicates effectively: Delivers message in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Drives engagement: Creates a positive and motivating working environment. Makes people feel that their contributions are visible and valued
- Action oriented: Quickly and decisively takes action in fast-changing, unpredictable situations
Jonathan Killian, Director, Data Visualization & Analytics, +1 336 9313908
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.