Adaptation purchasing organization within Group Truck Purchasing is looking for a Driven, Initiative taking and Structured Team Player to take part in the transformation of this interesting and focused area. Our employees describe Adaptation Purchasing as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment.
We are passionate about what we do and strongly believe that the key to success is having the courage to think outside the box, taking initiative and having fun! Come and join our team!
Adaptation Purchasing today supports: Customer Adaptation (CA) and Special Vehicle Projects (SV). These areas are very close to end customers and require candidates with business acumen and an interest in working cross functionally to find solutions that match customer expectations. The current team is recognized and highly respected for the process allowing a very short lead-time from customer request to production.
Main purpose of the job will be to manage assigned commodities within the supply base to obtain the best combination of time to market, price, quality, delivery, technology, sustainability, and risk as well as working closely with other functional areas such as: sales and marketing, quality, plants, engineering.
- To effectively manage the daily working relationship with your suppliers (delivery, cost and secure material to the production line)
- To Search for opportunities to improve cost and take action to implement findings
- Provide NA market input as a member of sourcing team as needed and continuously assess the business climate and conditions affecting assigned supplier base
- To secure that purchasing acts in accordance with expectations from internal stakeholders and external customers.
- To develop existing and potential suppliers. Perform purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- To follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- To execute purchasing activities including sourcing in Customer Adaptation/Special Vehicle Projects in collaboration with the Purchasing Project Manager (PMP) to secure supplier Time to Market, Quality, and Cost performance in the projects
- To contribute to the development of the Purchasing process in Customer Specific offer (Customer Adaptation & Special Vehicle) business
- To contribute to cross functional maintenance activities
- To ensure collaboration with the other buyer roles (Project, Commodity, and Uptime) within the respective segment(s)
- Customer Focus
- Decision quality
- Values differences
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Strong personal drive combined with:
- Courage, integrity, and customer orientation
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Innovation for Customer success: Ability to be curious, to be innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business
- Accountability: Ability to take full responsibility of the results of own job and overall impact, being able to see the bigger picture
- Collaboration & Organizational agility: Ability to be open-minded, share knowledge and support. Encourage collaboration, gain support and solve problem with peers and stakeholders
- Communication & Influencing: Ability to involve, explain, listen, argue, reformulate and answer, in a transparent way with respect for the individual
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to always search for ways to improve, seeking for problem solving, analyzing both successes and failures, aiming at better efficiency
- Delivering customer value: Ability to be action oriented and deliver customers value and results
- Communication: Ability to build a clear and structured document adapted to relevant targeted audiences. Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain: Understand related supplier manufacturing process flow and steps, controls, tooling and supply chain set-up. Able to run active shop floor visits with waste elimination mindset. Proactively work with supplier capacity assessment and delivery risk management
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to prepare and execute negotiations
- Technology: Understand technical documentation and engineering language. Understand the base technology and production methods. Strong knowledge of MS PC applications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical or related discipline
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in desired competencies.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.