Senior Project Buyer in Cab Exterior Plastics Team
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The biggest technology shift in decade within public transportation has started and Volvo Group wants to stay in the forefront together with our customers. In a changing world with new customer requirements status quo is not an option. The wind of change is everywhere and new solutions and technologies are what we are working and focusing on.
We have a culture of high performance created through employee engagement and we value Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The European CAB Purchasing team is part of the Volvo Group Truck Purchasing Organization. This Senior Buyer position is in the CAB Exterior Plastics team and our mission is to select and develop a global or a regional supplier base to create synergies and to achieve sustainable competitive advantages with in the Cab exterior Plastics segments. We challenge our suppliers to improve the value chain on costs, quality, and delivery performance for all production parts to be used on our trucks.
Volvo Group and Group Trucks Purchasing aims to be the most admired employer in our industry by attracting and retaining the best people in order to create and build a world-class purchasing team.
As a Senior Project Buyer of Exterior Plastics, you will be accountable for the projects deliveries of strategic and ambitious product evolutions of the cab exterior plastics area. You will have the chance to contribute to set the right partnership field of collaboration with selected suppliers. You will be responsible to make sure that the exterior plastics segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers. During the project phase, you will be in charge of securing supplier performance (cost optimization, technology drive, planning respect, quality securement,…) by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network.
- Contribute to segment business plan thanks to collaboration with the Segment Leader & be an active member in the global Project & Commodity network
- In collaboration with the cross functional network, act in early phase to drive the concept maturation of products as well as developing the supplier base ability to industrialize the parts (technology knowledge, partnership mindset, business model, …)
- lead the supplier selection process in Projects and secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost,…)
- Drive negotiations to ensure an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management to defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies.
- Secure cost performance in projects. Challenge, Negotiate and Report changes (concept selection, product modifications,…) before and after contract signature and ensure fulfillment of project targets. Keep close collaboration with Cost engineer and Product Cost Controller
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity Buyer
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to fulfill quality plan activities performed in cooperation with quality engineer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection etc)
- Manage project performance reviews with suppliers and stakeholders and provide input to the Commodity Buyer
- Support the development of new segment strategies and lead the execution of actions agreed in these strategies
WHO ARE YOU?
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Project cross functional knowledge and leadership
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
Add anything relevant to catch the candidate interest!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
This section is optional. You may write here the contact point name (HR and/or Hiring line manager) with respective mail and/or business phone number.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.