Lead Research Engineer
The Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) group within Powertrain Strategic Development (PSD) is looking for a lead research engineer.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
At PSD we perform early development of Powertrain System concepts. We also explore new technologies and build strategic knowledge with research centers, universities, suppliers and other Volvo organizations globally. We constantly follow the latest technology trends within the automotive industry and share the findings within the organization.
The EATS group consists of a team of dedicated experts that are responsible for leading the technology development towards lower emissions and higher efficiency. We work with development of small and full scale technologies and concepts using experimental testing and simulations.
The position offer the opportunity to work in a creative and multi-cultural environment with the mission to explore novel concepts and technologies aiming to meet upcoming, more stringent emission legislations. In this position you will establish a global working network and lead cross-functional and multi-site teams. You will also have the possibility to expand your technical competence in all powertrain related areas and grow your leadership skills.
As a lead research engineer, your main responsibilities are:
- Leading activities for evaluation and development of future EATS and powertrain concepts
- Ensuring that the concepts/technologies meet the business targets
- Developing and sharing acquired competence and provide technical input
- Managing networking across the organization, as well as influencing the work on other sites
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Working experience in project and/or team leadership
- Good understanding of powertrain technology area and industrial automotive applications
- Exploratory and innovative with the ability to drive things to completion
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Personal qualifications: teamwork, communication, customer focus, proactive, analytical, accountability
Behrooz Razaznejad, Director EATS, +46 31 3221903
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.