- Act as a coach and technical advisor to assemblers in assigned work station; assist assemblers
- Act as a functional support in order to manufacture product with the highest standards for quality, productivity and continuous improvement;
- Assist the Production Coordinator in supervisory duties and implementation of management programs such as IS014001, OD, and others.
- Respect and sustain all health, safety and environmental standards (EHS); ensure sure work and teams comply; respect and sustain 5S program that meets the plant standard; perform 5S audits
- Support the training of new employees and update work team on safety requirements/hazards in the work area
- Respond to identified safety issues immediately; address and resolve the issue taking prompt action to correct any unsafe act. Notify Coordinator and escalate if necessary
- Ensure assemblers complete and use applicable manufacturing documentation system for job function
- Determine non conformities in the work team, in order to identify, repair, and eliminate workmanship defects; take action for the containment and repair of workmanship defects
- Investigate and correct the root cause of all production related workmanship defects (i.e. QRPS); assist in other investigations as required
- Provide team members with training, assistance, coaching and mentoring on production process and quality standards; receive feedback from team members on ideas to improve production quality; develop implementation plans and provide feedback to assemblers
- Assist work team, Coordinators and area manager in understanding defect/discrepancy trends and help to identify additional analysis to discover root cause
- Investigate and validate parts; follow up with necessary corrective actions
- Manage and maintain quality gate process; Responsible for information transfer and follow up to next loop/station/shift
- Meet standard cycle time expectations by coaching and assisting team members to ensure they can complete their work content within the standard time
- Investigate and correct (or initiate the process of) the root cause of all work productivity issues
- Develop multi-skilled knowledge to support team members as needed or fill in when required
- Manage scheduling employees for cross-training, Assembler sign-off, and daily assignment sheet
- Ensure product meets delivery requirements according to MPS
- Assist the coordinator in the hiring, performance evaluation (PBP) and discipline processes; make recommendations for appropriate action
- Hold coaching session to advise employee of action required to correct weaknesses, behavior, attitude or other matters that can cause a disciplinary action. Document discussions using the progressive discipline process up to Written Warning level.
- Lead by example and follow Volvo behaviors
- 3+ years assembly experience
- Experience leading teams, training, and coaching
- Have the ability to travel as necessary, including to Canada
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.