Intern: Connected Vehicle Data Analytics (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group (Aftermarket) by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. These assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Applying scientific mind-set and engineering skills in analyzing large volumes of complex vehicle data.
- Data modelling, optimization, and develop models/algorithms, Business Rules and services related to the analyzed vehicle data.
- Support the Connected Vehicle Uptime Solutions organization with problem solving & data mining skills, in particular to support vehicle performance analysis
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing
- Support Analytical model creation for performance anomalies
- Support Machine Learning creation
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by Uptime team.
Minimum Education Required
- Applicants must be a junior, senior, or graduate student currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering/Analytics/Statistics/Data Science, Information Technology or similar. (Applicants not currently enrolled at the start of the internship will not be considered)
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Solid Statistics and Logic Knowledge
- Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with data viewing applications such as Qlik, Power BI and/or Tableau
- Basic knowledge of leading edge solutions in the data analytics domain, including Predictive analytics and Machine Learning
- Analytical skills in understanding the analytics business value of the different analytical levels (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) for different verticals and customers
- General programming knowledge (Python,R)
- General knowledge of database management and query tools including SQL and stored procedures
- Interest in commercial vehicle business
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.