Parts Delivery Driver
Parts Delivery Driver - Hayes
0730hrs to 1600hrs = 40 hrs per week
- Ensure customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification
- Organise the route, loading and delivery of parts to meet customer requirements.
- Collect exchange unwanted parts as and when requested, Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Supervisor
- Accurate recording of proof of delivery and completion of return notes.
- Pro-actively sell parts to the customer
- Ensure company vehicles are clean, tidy and legally maintained in line with Volvo Dealer operating standards and Volvo’s own image.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- Special projects as required.
- Actively observe and report on customer activity to the parts team through building good customer relationships.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner in a fast moving environment, ensuring that all daily tasks are completed.
- To be able to effectively communicate to customers and colleagues both oral and written.
- To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills.
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome.
- To be able to identify customers’ needs & propose appropriate solutions.
- Negotiation skills - gain agreement on proposed course of action (Win/Win).
- Effective selling techniques.
- Friendly and helpful nature with the desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- To be able to remain calm and patient in a dynamic business environment.
- A proactive approach which ensures that customer’s expectations are met and exceeded.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances and changing priorities.
- Team oriented.
Additional important requirements:
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
- Transport Industry legislation and Marketplace awareness (including customers and competitors)
- Experience in managing a team
- Driving Licence
What’s in it for you:
As part of the Volvo Group UK team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
- Competitive salary
- 22-25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family
- Travel discounts
- Discounts on theme park and cinema tickets and much more
With Volvo Group UK you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Group UK team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.