Senior CAD & VPDM Method Developer
To meet those objectives an integrated global structure is needed, where it will be possible to drive change and improvements in a consistent way across GTT.
We are now looking for Senior CAD & VPDM Method Developer to join our global team to support the Develop Mechanical Solutions area, within the Develop Products department in this exiting journey. The position offers a stimulating and dynamic work environment, with a high-amount of interaction with colleagues throughout the Volvo Group on a global level and on-sites. The tasks span cross the domains CAD, VPDM and PDM.
Main activities and responsibilities
Successful applicants will have a broad understanding of usage of CAD tools within product development in general, and within the automotive industry in particular.
When working as a Senior CAD & VPDM Method Developer, Develop Mechanical Solutions at Group Truck Technology Process & IT you will have the global responsibility of our methods to harmonize and to drive innovation in the usage of CAD tools to reach higher user efficiency, data quality, etc.
Some key tasks included in the position:
- Set up and drive a global CAD method key user network
- Set method strategy and lead the global business method development
- Full responsibility for securing the completeness, correctness, and harmonization of our method documentation
- Secure that the latest capabilities available in the tools are utilized efficiently by user communities
- Secure re-use of industry and supplier best practices where applicable
- Support change management activities to ensure successful deployment and adoption of new IT solutions
- Support Product Projects in efficient usage of Processes, Methods and Tools
Competencies for the position:
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience from working in IT development and/or Process and IT projects.
- Expert knowledge in CAD tools (CREO and/or CATIA V5)
- Proven experience in method development
- Proven experience as a CAD teacher
- Minimum 5 years of experience within product/technology or IT development
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
For further information, please contact:
Marcin Kubiak tel. +46 (0)31 32 29 303
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.