Master's thesis in commercial vehicle dynamics
- Improvement of OpenPBS (new models, implementation in Modelica, inputs, etc). It should be easily comparable with previous runs of the tool, to look for changes
- Comparison of newly developed models with more advanced models
- Development of a method/tool for batch simulation with OpenPBS and comparison with another existing PBS tool. The comparison should be performed for all the PBS measures and for several vehicle combinations (100-1000), consisted of vehicle units from vehicle registration database
- Improved OpenPBS
- A method/tool that compares OpenPBS and another existing PBS tool.
- At least one run of this comparison
- Analysis of differences
- Information study / literature search. Including learning Modelica and getting familiar with OpenPBS
- Implement new models in OpenPBS and further develop the vehicle input process
- Select 100-1000 combination vehicles, defined as combinations of 10-100 real vehicle units. The unit should be from Swedish Vehicle Registry, received from Transportstyrelsen
- Run, these 100-1000 combinations in OpenPBS
- Compare, the PBS measures for these with another existing PBS tool and identify differences
- Propose and develop a more automated process for running and comparing
- Verify the more automated process on OpenPBS version existing in end of thesis work.
- Available tool with high fidelity vehicle models: Volvo GTT VTM
Number of credits: 30 credits (nominally 20 weeks)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.