Android developer and Scrum Master
We are now looking for an Android Software developer who can also be a Scrum Master to drive our department Entertainment and Connected Services into the future.
We welcome you in our open culture. We promise you a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. We are a great team with competent and easy-to-talk to colleagues. If you are keen in developing Android - this is your place! Our Android based apps and service are market-leading and we use bleeding-edge technologies in our daily work. We team up with Google and other big players and we grow rapidly – there are a lot of opportunities for you to learn and self-develop. Our area is fast, furious and fun!
This is waiting for you:
- You will work with Android development in Java and Kotlin to develop new features in all our apps (entertainment, multimedia, driver coaching apps as well as fleet management apps such as Dynafleet)
- As a Scrum Master you will be the "face" of your team to the outside world. You can work with the most modern expert SW practices such as Scrum hybrid XP (practices like pair programming, code review, test-driven …)
- You will be a part of an open-minded, easy-to-talk-to Android team
- You will have a lot of opportunities to grow
We are looking for a colleague who has proven experience as an Android software developer and experience as a team leader and/or Scrum Master. You will fit well if you are a social, trustful and committed person who can explain complex technical aspects (verbally and in documentation). You need to have a true can do attitude together with a strong quality focus. Additionally, it is expected that you have a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team. Besides, the wanted profile includes that you have the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. This includes that you have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to eliminate roadblocks. Lastly, if you have a strong ability to inspire, lead, develop and motivate individuals and teams – you are our perfect match.
Requirements & qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience from Android SW development and good understanding of commonly used Android design patterns
- Proven leadership skills as a team leader or Scrum Master
- Knowledge in working with production quality software and tools such as Git, Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory as well as Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and UI Automator
Claudia Wege, Hiring Manager Entertainment and Connected Services, phone +46 739 024082
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.