The Bid Manager is responsible for developing competitive bid proposals for existing customers and potential customers, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid and contract processes. In conjunction with the sales team, the Bid Manager will be responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, key milestones / deadlines and risk management. The Bid Manager works with all internal functions to identify sales opportunities, review customer trends and provide market insights to build successful go-to-market strategies.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Ensure access to all customers’ bid opportunities through vehicle life cycles and population
- Establish bid qualification process to efficiently use available resources and win profitable business
- Develop pricing guidelines, processes and policies based on market competitiveness
- Establish bid strategy in collaboration with purchasing, pricing & sales for strategic bids
- Establish processes performance indicators, monitor results and quickly implement corrective actions
- Monitor bids milestones and ensure submission of bid within deadlines and according to pricing guidelines
- Responsible for tender requirements risk assessment, feasibility analysis and execution of contract
- Secure proper stocking level throughout the contract by proposing stocking programs to customers and logistics
- Measure bid success ratios through lost sales to help identify strategic opportunities
- Analysis of market shares up to commodity level; identify weaken segments and coordinate required changes
- Continuous participation in retail pricing strategy and market intelligence discussions; provide market insights
- Manage bid team, monitor team performance and establish development plans to optimize their effectiveness
- Monitor contract performance to ensure commitments from customers and avoid overstock
- Conduct monthly meetings with Regional Sales managers to exchange feedback on bids and market
- Stay connected with prod. dev. and new vehicle bids/sales teams to be aware of new products introduction
- Cooperate with other functions to liquidate overstock and non-moving inventory
- Build and maintain strong and long-term relationships with our customers and periodically measure satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to initiate and manage projects with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in business/finances/administration or 5-10 years of experience in Bids/Pricing/Sales
- 5-10 years in automotive industry
- 5-10 years in customer service / sales
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Excellent written and verbal English communications
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.