Intern: Channel Sales (Summer 2020)
The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Mack Trucks by working on important and innovative projects. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Mack Trucks.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets:
We are seeking a business, sales &/or marketing student who is interested in sales, dealer sales enablement, data analysis, and market research. This role will report directly to the Leasing and Rental Sales Director and work closely with all team verticals including highway solutions, bodybuilder solutions, leasing and rental sales, and dealer performance. Main tasks include, but not limited to:
- Dealer incentive reporting
- Leasing and rental sales support
- Sales program data analysis
- Event planning/organization
- Sales engagement
- Other ad hoc requests
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
Skills and Responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations, emails, webcasts, and over the phone.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Customer service ethics and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
*Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a business/marketing degree or similar (Graduate Student preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.