Intern: Aftermarket Reliability (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group (Aftermarket) by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. These assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Develop Parts Evaluation process for Product Safety Working Group investigations as well as Emerging Issues
- Establish common templates for communication of non-standard repairs including Service Programs and Recalls.
- Enhance and improve efficiency of total Uptime Services messaging and value to end customer
- Evaluate communication methods and propose/develop enhanced methodology of communication status of on-going quality issues with Uptime Center
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by Aftermarket Reliability team.
- Applicants must be a junior, senior, or graduate student currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar related concentration. (Applicants not currently enrolled at the start of the internship will not be considered)
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Summer interns work a no more than 40 hours per week.
- Quality and process development knowledge
- Sharepoint site development
- Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in commercial vehicle business
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.