Senior Engineer - Pneumatic installation
GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore team is looking for an energetic and skilled aspirant to work in the pneumatic system and components as SENIOR ENGINEER. If you are looking for a diversified experience by working across different cultures and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, THIS is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
THIS IS the US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing and delivering the projects in the brake system and installation area. Our objective as Brake System and Vehicle Control team at Volvo is to develop and deliver a robust solution ensuring the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer requirements. CUSTOMER SUCCESS IS OUR CORE VALUE. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Brake System and Vehicle Control gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Bangalore.
- Lead and execute jobs in the pneumatic system and installation.
- Have on a holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Spread knowledge and develop competence within the team.
- Develop and manage networking across the organization and provide inputs to the project pre-requisites based on the component history.
- Work closely with the supplier for development components.
- Engineering documentation of drawings and specifications.
- To execute Projects with QDCF (Quality, Delivery, project and product Cost, Feature).
- To work with cross-functional teams and with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
- Concepts creations, design and development following the product life cycle process.
- Initiate, execute and conclude the projects and hand over to maintenance.
- Use of the appropriate quality tools to ensure the robustness of the design
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Multicultural mindset and global approach
- Ability to work with different cultures on a wide range of vehicle products
- Management of global suppliers
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- 6+ years of product development experience in the automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in pneumatic components and system is a must
- Project management experience is a merit
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of complete Braking Systems and Pneumatics is highly preferred
- Knowledge of braking-related legal requirements will be added advantage
- Strong in engineering fundamentals
- Good knowledge in sheet-metal, welding & corrosion protection of components.
- Knowledge of DFMEA/SFMEA and other quality tools
- Hands-on experience in CREO tool
- Knowledge of product development cycle (DVP).
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Professional challenges and increasing business knowledge
- Defined career path
- Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
We work together with energy, passion, and respect for the individual!.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.