Principal Engineer – Standards & Process
The position is open in Chassis department, GTT- BLR. We work for all truck
brands of Volvo.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Engineering Support team supports all the sites in Volvo Group in all the areas of Design check, GAE and Chassis Packaging.
- Lead defined areas of technical standardization.
- Develop and maintain Volvo Group common technical standards and Design guidelines.
- Develop and share acquired competence and give technical advice/provide trainings.
- Audit – Documentation Quality (Kola & Drawing quality) for Volvo AB.
Process & Instructions:
- Drive process improvement and efficiency
- Participate in business development and innovation.
- Training program: YEC Trainer for new process roll-outs and local trainer for topics contained under DCN release process (marking, BDAT, Welding, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- More than 7 years of related experience, preferably in automotive industry
- Should have experience in leading Design check network, conducting trainings and drive common technical standards / Design guidelines
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.