Data Analytics Lead
Volvo Penta is famous for pioneering new and smart solutions – innovation is in our DNA. We find our energy in challenging the status quo and by always testing the limits, surpassing the old and familiar. We allow our desire for innovation to flourish and anticipate our customers’ requirements, in every area with which we work.
We aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. Innovative solutions that comply with the modern, socially responsible definition of premium and both meet and exceed the demands of a 21st century marketplace.
Volvo Penta Process & IT is a global function responsible for P&IT planning and portfolio management, Process & IT Solution Management, Information Architecture and Enterprise Architecture. The Process & IT function is an active part in developing and shaping the Volvo Penta business offering and IT solutions to meet current and future customer needs.
To support our vision of becoming the world leader in sustainable power solutions, Volvo Penta will make significant efforts in innovating new solutions and services, with information technology as a key enabler.
Using data to build business value requires a good understanding of business and product data, end-to-end design thinking and an in-depth understanding of business opportunities and key enablers.
A newly formed function with a group of highly specialized colleagues will be responsible for developing our capabilities to analyse, govern, manage and protect our data in order to create tangible value for our customers and our internal operations.
We are now looking for a Data Analytics Lead that will help colleagues and experts within Volvo Penta to get the most value from our data assets. You will be part of the Data Analytics and Information Management team and act as a bridge between Volvo Penta business and our IT suppliers.
This position is a global functional role reporting to the Director for Data Analytics and Information Management at Volvo Penta. The position is based at Volvo Penta headquarters in Göteborg, Sweden.
- Be the Volvo Penta expert in how the current data residing in business intelligence and data analytics platforms and in source systems can be used to create value for our business
- Help colleagues and end users to build data analytics solutions based on the toolsets used by Volvo Penta
- As part of the Data Analytics and Information Management team, raise requirements for improvements of our data structures, data assets and data analytics tools
- Lead, help and train colleagues and specialists within Volvo Penta to use our data assets and data analytics tools to solve problems and improve their business operations
- Work as data analytics evangelist within Volvo Penta, frequently meeting and interfacing with colleagues around the Global Volvo Penta organization
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience from working with business intelligence and data analytics
- Academic degree on Bachelor or Master level in information technology, engineering, mathematics, statistics or other area relevant for this position
- Deep interest and understanding in theories and technologies for business intelligence and data analytics
- Good knowledge about using and developing in business intelligence and data analytics tools
- Good programming and SQL skills
- Knowledge in using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insight from large datasets
- A customer, innovation and business development oriented mind-set
- Very good communications skills with an ability to explain complex topics to different audiences
- Self-motivated with a profound interest in developing new services, capabilities or technologies to meet internal and external customer needs
- Ability to handle complexity and create feasible ways forward in a complex global environment
- Learning on the fly with a “Go to Gemba”, boots on the ground attitude
- Advanced level of English (oral and written)
Director Data Analytics & Information Management
Volvo Penta Process & IT
Telephone: +46 739 023542
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.