Principal ESW Engineer – EE Infrastructure
- Are you looking to work and propose advanced topics in Embedded SW? Would you like to be part of defining future SW platforms for Automotive? If yes, then you have the opportunity with us to work on latest HW's and SW's platform.
- We are looking for Principal embedded SW engineer who could contribute to our on-going activities with your global teams and with our identified partners.
We are Base SW (BLR) group part of Electrical and Electronics Infrastructure technology department. We are a team with responsibility in developing SW platform for current and future Truck electrical architectures. We are part of global technology department working towards enabling futuristic EE infrastructure for future applications like Automation, Electro mobility, Connectivity and Digitalization.
Provide technical expertise and support to embedded SW development. Shall be providing key contributions to high impact ongoing projects as well as development of future solutions in Embedded SW area.
- Provide the Volvo Group with technical support and expertise on Embedded SW for Automotive electronics.
- Propose new SW architecture design patterns and principles.
- Take ownership and delivery on technical concepts related SW platforms.
- Work with system architects and define clear back log for PI’s.
- Propose Advance Engineering ideas related to SW platforms.
- Execute and deliver concepts according to PI Objectives.
- Breaking down the feature’s list into user stories.
- Documenting the concepts and transferring knowledge in the department.
- Shall be flexible to learn new concepts in SW platforms without formal trainings.
- Shall notice and bring up Impediments to line and Scrum masters in order to full fill PI objectives.
- Shall be flexible to work in a team or as individual contributor.
- Support line manager in developing technical strategies
Essential skills and experience
- Ph.d/M.sc/M.Tech/B.Sc/B.Tech in Electronics engineering, Computer science or similar.
- 10 -12 years of experience in Automotive embedded system development.
- Knowledge of advanced Embedded SW development.
- Good knowledge on Embedded Linux/Android/QNX operating systems.
- Good knowledge on ARM based architecture.
- Working Knowledge on Xilinx MPSoc.
- Knowledge on virtualization technologies like hypervisors and containers.
- Expert in C and C++ Programming.
- Knowledge in Classic & Adaptive AUTOSAR SW platform.
- Knowledge on EE architecture.
- Knowledge on communication protocols like Ethernet, CAN etc.
- Knowledge on Functional Safety and Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Experience in SAFe and Agile SW development.
- Experience in using agile development tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Good communication skill in English, both written and spoken.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded.
- Enjoy working in teams as well as on your own - take responsibility, be creative and innovative, be generous and share knowledge.
- Open multi-cultural mind-set.
- Have a drive to develop oneself as a passionate professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.