Financial Services Development Trainee
Our program consists of three key learning areas concurrently:
Our Company: Learn about Financial Services, the Captive Finance industry, Volvo Financial Services and Volvo Group including our mission, business processes, strategies, and why we are a Great Place to Work. This also includes exposure and networking with our commercial transport product divisions.
Our Work: Participate in four job rotations in the VFS USA business. Assignments may take place in Credit, Account Resolution, Auditing, Funding and Documentation, Sales and Pricing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, or Corporate Finance/Accounting. The rotation is critical to help drive a more complete understanding of VFS USA and the work we do.
Your Development: During and in between rotations, development activities take place, and focus on areas such as teamwork, professionalism, self-development, process improvement, and diversity and inclusion. This part of the program will be supported by a carefully chosen mentor and is focused on transitioning to a corporate environment and mastering the behaviors which embody the Volvo Values and our way of working.
The FST position is based in our Greensboro, North Carolina office, and travel may be required. Those selected for this program will play a critical role in helping Volvo Financial Services USA meet or exceed our strategic objectives and develop further flexibility in our workforce. As you near the end of your program.
- Participates in four 6 month rotations (approximately 130 business days each) in different parts of the Financial Services business process Train on key roles and responsibilities within the organization and performs various roles to garner practical experience
- Develop a holistic view of the Captive Finance industry ensuring there is a big picture understanding of the business balanced with the understanding of various roles and tasks.
- Participates in both personal and professional development activities during the course of the program
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of presentations to Top Management.
- Assists with various projects and tasks as needed
- Follows all Volvo Group and VFS employee practices and policies.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
- Degree must be from an accredited college/university
- Graduation date must be between December 2019 and May 2020.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 3 months work experience in a corporate setting, preferred (can be through internships and/or co-operative assignments)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint at the Intermediate level and Advanced Excel skills)
- Direct experience working in an environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued, preferred
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Experience in an environment with a focus on customer service and process improvement preferred
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional business writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Must be available to start position before June 2020.
- Availability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (typically Monday through Friday)
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (this position does not offer visa sponsorship)
- Domestic relocation may be available for qualified and selected candidates (no international relocation available)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing once a job offer is extended
- As a financial services organization, we are required to have the utmost responsibility for managing finances and keeping agreements with creditors. Based on this premise, we require a sound and stable credit history of all employees. A credit report is run once a job offer is extended
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.