Intern: Graphic Designer (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a customer focused environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with marketing and manufacturing professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo Customer Center by working on practical, innovative and important projects. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Trucks.
Ideal candidate will have flexibility to begin internship in March 2020 and continue through August 2020.
- Various graphic design work
- Various photography projects
- Work with Volvo branding standards
- Support facilitating large-scale customer visits and events
- Assisting with various marketing projects
- Acting as a support for departmental office needs
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient photography skills
- Proficient problem solving skills
- Valid drivers license
- Applicants should be pursuing a degree in the field of Graphic Design, Business, or Marketing.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants must have finished at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.